by the photocopier
(this edition is the 1479th actually issued)
Release Date: 28 July 2006
- Pages: 36
- Price: $2.50 inc. GST
- Cover: the photocopier
- No Phantom Forum in this issue
by Hans Lindahl
- The Philosopher's Stone Pt.1 Phoenix Reborn
- Script: Claes Reimerthi
- Art: Hans Lindahl
- First published in Fantomen Nr.13/2006 by Egmont, Scandinavia. Original cover shown on the left, thanks to Ulf Granberg.
- Message from the Publisher:
Take your time with Phoenix Reborn! This new adventure requires some serious concentration, because it delves into ancient Phantom history and moves at a frantic pace. "Phoenix", the oddball central character, is obviously loosely based on the late and eccentric American entertainer River Phoenix, but writer Claes Reimerthi is more concerned with highlighting elements of the legend of The Phantom than modem culture. As The Phantom delves more deeply into the mystery of the unexpected visit to the Skull Cave of an old man, the more complicated the plot becomes. Stick with it!
In our next edition, a lot (but not all) of the mystery will be explained. Meanwhile, in this first episode, you will learn about the still existing French castle called Mont St Michel and will be able to follow the thinking of the 21st Phantom as he attempts to unravel a complex series of mysteries. How did Phoenix know of the whereabouts of the Skull Cave and the legend of the Ghost Who Walks? Is Phoenix really centuries old and able to exist as a seemingly young man because he possesses an elixir of life? Did Phoenix actually meet forefathers of the 21st Phantom as long ago as 1541 and 1784? Or is he simply so deluded that he imagines he did? Put yourself in the position of the 21st Phantom and see if you can guess ahead!
The story, which will spread over at least four episodes, becomes more engrossing as it builds towards a startling climax. Remember - the adventure continues in Frew #1452 which goes on sale on 4th August.
Future issues planned as of 18th July 2006 (subject to change without notice):
- #1452 (4 Aug) The Philosopher's Stone Pt.2 King of Beggars (Reimerthi & Leppänen, Fantomen Nr.15/2006)
Check the New@Egmont and The Missing Semic Stories pages for details of other upcoming stories.
My thanks to the staff of Frew Publications for providing this information.
More Frew stuff ...
- History of Frew Publications
- 50th Anniversary Celebrations
- Complete Publishing Chronology
- Archive of Covers from #1 to #100
- Frew in Review: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- Annual Specials: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.
- Subscriptions & Back Issues
Return to the Deep Woods
Bryan Shedden / firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 19th July 2006