The following information is based on the Norwegian Fantomet magazine, published fortnightly by Egmont Scandinavia. Egmont also publish Fantomen in Sweden with a very similar format, and Mustanaamio in Finland (both a few days prior to the Norwegian edition). The content list in Sweden and Finland differs slightly, eg. Viggo only appears in Norway, and the 8 pages of Phantom Club are not in Mustanaamio.
English translations of The Phantom stories created by Egmont's team of writers and artists are subsequently reprinted by Frew Publications (Australia) and Egmont Imagination (India).
Nr.25 / 2001
by Paul Ryan & Tom Smith
Nr.25 / 2001|
Release Date: 4 December 2001 (Norway), 29 November 2001 (Sweden), 29 November 2001 (Finland)
Future issues planned as of 6 January 2002 (subject to change without notice):
- Fa 2/2002 (14 Jan) El Dorado Pt.1 (Frognes)
- Fa 3/2002 (28 Jan) El Dorado Pt.2 (Frognes)
- Fa 4/2002 (11 Feb) The New Pupil (Reimerthi & Boix)
- Fa 5/2002 (25 Feb) The Bank Robbers Pt.1 (Moberg & Felmang)
- Fa 6/2002 (11 Mar) The Bank Robbers Pt.2 (Moberg & Felmang)
- Fa 7/2002 (22 Mar) The Witchmaster's House (Longstreet & Giordano)
- Fa 8/2002 (8 Apr) The Black Dog (Reimerthi & Cruz)
Legendary American comic book artist Dick Giordano is due to produce his first Phantom story in 2002. There are three other new additions scheduled to appear this year:
- French science fiction-series Valérian by writer Pierre Christin and artist Jean-Claude Mézières, published by Dargaud. More info, most of it in French, at www.dargaud.com.
- Writer Alan Moore's Tom Strong, drawn by various artists and published by America's Best Comics.
My thanks to Kjell Steen and Michael Jaatinen for providing this information. My appreciation also to Brian Jensen and Kari Elkelä for the Swedish and Finnish cover scans.
Recommended websites for more information: